Our system upgrade services
When your computer is getting old and you're considering getting a new one, there are a lot of decisions that need to be made. For example,
is it worth upgrading your existing system or should you get a new one? If you're getting a
new computer, what sort of features should you be looking for? And would a desktop machine or a laptop be better suited to your needs?
Japha can help with these decisions and more. We can guide you through the entire process, including:
- evaluating your computing needs
- evaluating your existing system (if any), and it's ability to meet those needs
- determining what new equipment (hardware, software and peripheral devices) needs to be purchased
- buying the equipment at the best price available
- building the new computer, or installing the new parts in your existing computer
- installing whatever software you need
- getting everything connected, configured and ready to use
When you get a new computer, you'll want to be as productive as possible when using it. This means that you want everything to be working
perfectly, and configured in the way you'd expect. You'll want all your favourite programs to be installed and easily accessible. And of
course you'll want all your data to be moved across from the old system too.
We can take care of all these things for you, as well as recommending other (hardware and software) products that you may find useful. Being
so involved in the IT industry means we have a great knowledge of new products, unique products and free (software) products too - all of
which mean we can help you find exactly what you need, and probably save you some money along the way.
For new systems, we recommend Microsoft® Windows 7 for new office
workstations and home computers, and Microsoft® Windows
Server 2008 for business servers. However, we can also install other operating systems if you prefer.
Upgrading your existing system
Sometimes it may not be worthwhile to buy a new computer. Maybe your existing system is working fine and you're just running out of storage space. Or
maybe some additional memory is all the system needs to start running as fast as you need it to.
We can help with figuring out whether this a suitable option, and if so, take care of everything that needs to be done - sourcing the parts you
need (even for older systems), installing them into your computer, and delivering it back to you. If you like, we can also run a range of system
checks to make sure it's running optimally, and make recommendations and/or changes to the configuration to make sure it's running as smoothly as
Don't just throw the old one away!
If you need to get rid of your old computer, we can help with this too. There are a number of reasons why you shouldn't just take your old computer
and throw it in the bin:
- your personal data is still on the machine - we can make sure this is copied across to your new computer so you don't lose anything
- some of your personal data may be sensitive - we can make sure this is completely deleted so it cannot be recovered
- it's bad for the environment - many of the parts can be recycled, and we work with recyclers such as Buyequip to ensure this happens
So please don't just throw it away!